CNC Software, Inc. (Tolland, CT), producers of Mastercam CAD/CAM software, announced a 4-axis milling post processor that will unleash the highest productivity on SINUMERIK-controlled machine tools. The new post processor was developed utilizing the technical expertise of Siemens CNC engineers. This post processor includes support for SINUMERIK 840D sl and 828D CNCs from Siemens. It features:
- CYCLE 832 support for high-speed settings, now including the latest Top Surface functionality.
- Drill cycles (CYCLES 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 840), with full 4-axis support.
- WORKPIECE output for graphical simulation, including rotary axis blank orientations.
- Tool call as tool name or tool number.
- TOFFR option.
- Siemens 4-axis application guide.
- Optimized multiaxis toolpath utilizing the FGROUP and FGREF commands.
- Streamlined program editing with the GROUPS functionality.
It is cooperation like this that provides Mastercam users the opportunity to truly complement their CAM investment and give their shops the best chance at a more efficient manufacturing solution, from design to part.