Autodesk recently added cloud-based product data management (PDM) for their Fusion Lifecycle offering. According to the company, Fusion now covers the entire concept-to-market workflow within one platform to help avoid the use of multiple software tools in obtaining, analyzing and applying enterprise data. Additional features of Fusion include:
- Fusion 360 combines CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM and Fusion Connect for IoT data management.
- Cloud PDM enables engineers to collaborate on designs and manage their work-in-process, CAD data and documents.
- Fusion Lifecycle offers design data management with revision control and versioning happening automatically - enabling real-time design reviews, viewing and markup of 3D files, and connecting processes for managing BOM and Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- The new PDM functionality is built directly into Fusion Lifecycle and included at no extra cost.
- Fusion Connect provides Dynamic Predictive Analytics, powered by technology from Nutonian to help make sense of the volume of data throughout the enterprise. A future option will include an Artificial Intelligence modeling engine that extracts meaning from large data sets and delivers prescriptive solutions.
- Also coming soon is Fusion Configure that will add enterprise CPQ (configure, price, quote) functionality in meeting the demand for more personalized and tailored products.