Microstar Laboratories, Inc., maker of Data Acquisition Processor (DAP) systems for PC-based measurement and data acquisition applications, has announced the release of version 6.30 of the DAPtools software packages for use with its DAP and xDAP products. Though primarily intended for improved Windows 10 integration, several incremental improvements include:
- Compatibility with 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems.
- A programming interface compatible with binary applications dating back as far as 2001.
- Drivers and applications with integrated diagnostic features for non-invasive "viewing" of communications between a host application and DAP boards.
- New numerical data types, operators, and precedence rules patterned after the C and C++ languages.
- Two new API options for accessing DAPIO functions.
- Advanced signal processing commands allow for a more general mix of data types for input and output data streams.