OPEN MIND Technologies AG (Needham, MA) recently unveiled hyperMILL 2018.2, its latest comprehensive CAM software offering with features that include:
- New features for 3D Shape Z-level Finishing and 3D Optimized Roughing.
- Automatic face extension during CAM programming to automatically extend the selected milling surfaces, eliminating manual CAD work for cleaner corner cuts.
- Support for conical barrel cutters, in addition to general and tangential cutters.
- During 3D Optimized Roughing, multiple allowances are recognized and accounted for when using free tool geometries, resulting in easier programming and a higher level of flexibility.
- The ability to measure and record the distances between two shapes such as face models, solids, meshes or stock.
- The V sketch command that assigns geometric constraints to 2D contours.