Candy corn is one of the most iconic, albeit divisive, Halloween treats. Brach's, the top producer of candy corn, is embracing those who love the beloved yellow-orange-white kernels with the announcement of the 20 states that consume it most.
Brach's looked at U.S. candy corn sales of classic flavors, including Classic Candy Corn and Autumn Mix, to determine the top 20 states.
- New York
- North Carolina
Ferrara, the company behind the Brach's brand, also identified the five states in which candy corn is the least popular.
"Candy corn has been a Halloween staple for more than half a century," said Mariah Havens, Director of Seasonal Marketing at Ferrara. "But we also know that candy corn is one of the most divisive seasonal treats and there are some people who don't enjoy it (I'm looking at you, Nebraskans and Wisconsinites). We want everyone to be on Team Candy Corn, which is why we introduced incredible, unexpected alternatives this year, including NERDS Candy Corn and BRACH'S Minions Candy Corn. Now, there's a candy corn for everyone."
Ferrara announced five new products to serve as a traditional candy corn alternative, including:
- Nerds Candy Corn: Candy-coated shells wrapped around soft and chewy fruity centers.
- Minions Candy Corn: Flavors include banana, blue raspberry and vanilla.
- Nerds Halloween Gummy Clusters: Crunchy, gummy candy in festive themed packaging.
- Nerds Fun Size Treat Bags.
- Black Forest Gummy Bears & Keebler Fudge Stripes Minis Cookies combo pack.